CPR for Professionals
Duration: 5 hours
Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa
Vitality: 1000 Miles
CPD: 5 points
Developed by the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, CPR for Professionals course is designed to teach the skills of CPR and choking for victims of all ages, including ventilation with barrier devices, pocket masks, bag-valve-mask devices with supplemental oxygen and the use of Automated External Defibrillators to all healthcare providers in both hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
These healthcare providers may include (but are not limited to) doctors, nurses, paramedics, medical technicians, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, doctor’s assistants, registrars, interns, medical and nursing students in training, aides, medical and nursing assistants and other allied health personnel.
The course is also designed for anyone who is required to take a Healthcare Provider Course for employment.
The course is accepted as a prerequisite for advanced courses in resuscitation, including Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Neonatal Life Support (ANLS), BLS and Local Instructor courses.
- Personal safety
- Calling for help
- CPR – adult single rescuer and team resuscitation
- CPR – child single rescuer and team resuscitation
- CPR – infant single rescuer and team resuscitation
- Use of a barrier device
- Use of a pocket mask
- Use of the bag valve mask (BVM)
- Team dynamics
- Use of the automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Rescue breathing
- Ventilation with an advanced airway
- Choking – responsive and unresponsive adult, child and infant
- Recovery position
- Algorithms and memory aids